Slurping @ Touhenboku Ramen (Hwy 7 location)

9:20 AM

My Dear and I were searching to try something new in the area and I was able to convince her to visit Touhenboku. After reading some redflagdeal postings, some of the posters agreed that Touhenboku was the best tasting ramen in Toronto. I was curious to find out if this was true...

"At Touhenboku, our ramen’s distinctive taste comes from our traditional Japanese slow-cooked chicken broth, called mizutaki. We then add your choice of thick or thin fresh, made from scratch, ramen noodles and your choice of lean pork, rich pork, or chicken chashu. We throw in a little seaweed, a boiled egg, some delicious wood ear mushrooms, and top it off with fresh green onions. One taste is all it takes. At Touhenboku, our ramen noodles are made fresh, from scratch, with no preservatives and our mizutaki broth is slow-cooked according to Japanese tradition."

After some driving and re-googling of the address, I discovered that this ramen restaurant is located on the north side of Major Mac. (same plaza as Starbucks). Seems like most of the staff are really Japanese since I had issues asking them directions on the phone via English. We got here by late lunch on a lovely Saturday. There were many seats available.

The menu selection was simple and very graphic. Pick the soup base, noodles type, meat type, season type and any extra toppings (for extra price). Servers were quick with request for my hot and cold waters.

I ordered the garlic soup base with thin noodle and got 2 slices of fatty pork meats. I like the running soft egg yolk and the soup base was pretty good (not too heavily salted compared to Kinton). The only bad thing was that I was still hungry afterwards. My Dear ordered an extra bowl of noodles for little one.

Food:4.5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Price: $10 and up

Garlic Thin Noodle Soup Ramen

Simple Graphic Menu

Got the Edamane




Where to Find the Store!


Bayview and Major Mackenzie
1070 Major Mackenzie Drive East
Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1P3
647-873-2208 Touhenboku Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments