Eating @ Papa Chang (16th Location)

9:05 AM

My wife was craving something new and different. In the end, we decided to venture far out to Papa Chang. When we arrived there at lunch time, there was already a long list of people waiting for tables. Lucky, we were able to grab a smaller table quickly. The restaurant space is really small and can probably fix max of 30 people. We had to give the headcount and phone number as people reserved seating. The seating is similar style to cafeteria.

There is another location of Papa Chang in Toronto but it's located within Pacific Mall but called Papa Chang Express on the 2nd floor near the food court. My sources say the taste isn't as good as this location. Another journey will be required to verify this claim.

The food menu is very graphic with clear pricing. Wife wanted her usually rice and pork dish. I decided in the end to try something I gotten from Taiwan long ago. I have tried lots of Taiwanese food across Toronto and back in Taiwan.

More Pictures from a Previous Visit

Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Price: $5-$10 per dish

Food Photos:

The pork & sausage on rice was exactly what it is. My wife said this was the best version across Toronto

fried rice cake with sauce - fried tasted good

Got some greens which they put the minced pork sauce. The beef sesame flatbread sandwich reminded me of an Asian big mac/sandwich.  It was good and the bread was crispy and flaky. 

I ordered the intestine vermicelli. This was a familiar dish I had in the Taiwanese night markets but with crab - seafood version. It is quite authentic to what I expected. The soup base is slightly sourish but very intense with flavor.   

Entrance to the Papa Chang



Papa Chang
Cheery Asian fusion joint dishing out a menu of Japanese-inspired Taiwanese comfort food.
Address: 5970 16th Ave #110, Markham, ON L3P 7R1
Papa Chang's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments